- Wake up in Prague and enjoy breakfast at your boutique hotel.
- Visit the Prague Castle with your group and explore the neighborhood of St. Vitus Cathedral and Golden Lane.
- After the tour, your Trip Leader will recommend a few places to eat lunch in the local neighborhood.
- Enjoy some free time to explore Prague. Perhaps you’d like to discover the neighborhood of Mala Strana, which is home to Prague’s most narrow street.
- Other areas of interest include John Lennon’s wall and the Dancing House on the river bank.
- If time permits, your Trip Leader can help arrange a riverboat cruise.
- Enjoy an evening of free time. Your Trip Leader will provide top recommendations in the city.
- Watch the sunset from the famous Charles Bridge or the Beer Garden in Letna Park, a popular choice among locals.
- Tonight’s dinner is not included, so you are free to choose from a wide selection of restaurants in Prague’s historic Old Town.
Suggestions: Jewish Quarter, Town Hall Clock Tower, Museum of Communism, Kafka Museum.
- Have breakfast at your boutique hotel.
- Take the funicular, an incline railway, up to the Petrin Tower.
- Opt to climb the 299 steps to the top of the tower, where you will see the beautiful panorama of Prague.
- After lunch in the city, enjoy some free time to explore!
Suggestions: Stroll through the landscaped gardens, visit Stefanik Observatory, or explore the Mucha Museum.
- Join your group for an included dinner and prepare for a new destination tomorrow: Vienna, Austria!
- Wake up in Vienna and enjoy breakfast! Go on a walking tour with a local guide to learn about this beautiful city.
- This walking tour will take you to view St. Stephens Cathedral, the city square known as the Graben, and then to Hofburg Palace, where Habsburg emperors once resided in winter. The tour will end at the State Opera House.
Important: No entrance fees are included in the tour to these sites. Entering these places is optional.
- Spend the afternoon exploring Vienna. There’s so much to do and see!
- Be sure to try one of the local snacks called Langos or treat yourself to Apfelstrudel.
Suggestions: Sissi Museum, Hofburg Palace, Schoenbrunn Palace, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, Belvedere Gallery.
- Enjoy an included dinner with your group in a local restaurant.
- After breakfast at your hotel, head out to spend a half-day outside the city in the village of Szentendre, located on the Danube River. Join your Trip Leader for a walk through this village, known for its baroque architecture, churches, colorful houses, and narrow, cobbled streets.
- Travel time to Szentendre is ~40 minutes each way. Expect about 2 hours to explore the village and then return to Budapest.
- Return to Budapest and keep exploring the city and its architecture or relax at one of the thermal baths.
Suggestions: Heroes’ Square; Margaret Island; House of Terror; Andrassy Street; Gellert Baths, Széchenyi Baths.
- Meet your group in the evening for your final farewell dinner and reminisce on the last week together!