Day 3: Explore Manzanillo National Refuge
- Wake up for a delicious Costa Rican breakfast while you keep a look out for some sloths and monkeys.
- After breakfast, visit the Gandoca - Manzanillo National Refuge. This refuge is a beautiful combination of several different ecosystems and environments made up of just over 5,000 hectares protecting almost 70 percent of the southern Caribbean Coast.
- Spend the afternoon exploring Puerto Viejo with an optional bike ride, surf lessons, or visiting the Jaguar Rescue Center.
- On your last night in town, practice your dance moves and enjoy some gallo pinto, a traditional Costa Rican dish of rice and beans.
Tonight you’ll need to pack an overnight bag that you’ll bring with you for the next two days of rafting. The rest of your luggage will remain in the hotel which we’ll return to at the end of day 5.
Day 7: Relaxation and Departure
- Enjoy one final breakfast in paradise with your group of friends before departing to the airport to catch your flight back home.
- Take included transportation back to Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) where you will arrive by 11:30 am and your trip will, sadly, come to an end.
- We look forward to welcoming you into our close-knit Travel Community.
*Select dates can be extended to our Costa Rica adventure if you’d like to see the Pacific side of the country.